MY CAR OVERHEATED AND STALLED AND WON'T START BACK

• britt_andy2012
  • 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

I was driving and it started over heating and before I could get to a place to pull off the road it stalled and wouldn't start back, I ve checked the timing chain and I hear the fuel pump. I don't know what to do next i'am going to get a compression check gauge and check that any other advice?

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 11:04 PM

• saturntech9

So does it crank and not start?Or no crank no start?Also check to see if there is coolant in the spark plug holes after removing spark plugs. Also see if the oil is milky.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 11:52 PM
  • britt_andy2012

Cranks and no start no coolant in spark plug holes no coolant in oil. And when the motor cranks it sounds a little different than before its like its turns slower

Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 12:39 AM
  • saturntech9

Do you have spark?What is your actual fuel pressure?If all that checks out I would check for injector pluse. If thats good do a compression test. Do you have any codes in the computer?

Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 12:52 AM