FUEL PUMP

• Joyfixer
  • 2001 CHEVROLET BLAZER

Why can't get any power to my fuel pump?I have changed the relay an checked all that I can.I I get power to the fuse block, but no power from there to fuel pump. Please help. Thanks joyfixer

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 8:56 PM

• JDL

You have to check wiring circuits at relay. Note diagram. Can you hear the pump turn on, key on engine off? At the fuel pump, engine cranking, gray wire is voltage, solid black wire is ground.

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 9:07 PM
  • Nickb275

Ground wires were notorious for these models at the frame rail near rear bumper. Make sure the ground is against good clean metal. Get under the car and follow the harness coming from fuel pump and follow the ground wire indicated by JDL, this will hit frame at some point, you really want the best ground from tank to chassis, I have seen many GM pumps changed for ground reasons, also many pump fried due to bad ground and burnt pump.

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 9:10 PM
  • Nickb275

Figure 6 is fuel pump ground conection # C402. Look at the #6 in figure on the frame. This is a ground which usually causes problems. Not saying this is 100% your problem, but should not be overlooked.

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 9:14 PM
  • Joyfixer

Thanks nick 275 and JDL, still working on it, replaced or made new ground.

Thursday, March 17th, 2011 AT 11:57 AM
  • JDL

Let us know what you find.

Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 12:30 AM