FUEL PUMP

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

joyfixer

March, 16, 2011 AT 8:56 PM

Why can't get any power to my fuel pump?I have changed the relay an checked all that I can.I I get power to the fuse block, but no power from there to fuel pump. Please help. Thanks joyfixer

Fuel Pump No Power

1 ANSWER

March, 16, 2011 AT 9:07 PM

You have to check wiring circuits at relay. Note diagram. Can you hear the pump turn on, key on engine off? At the fuel pump, engine cranking, gray wire is voltage, solid black wire is ground.

nickb275

March, 16, 2011 AT 9:10 PM

Ground wires were notorious for these models at the frame rail near rear bumper. Make sure the ground is against good clean metal. Get under the car and follow the harness coming from fuel pump and follow the ground wire indicated by JDL, this will hit frame at some point, you really want the best ground from tank to chassis, I have seen many GM pumps changed for ground reasons, also many pump fried due to bad ground and burnt pump.

nickb275

March, 16, 2011 AT 9:14 PM

Figure 6 is fuel pump ground conection # C402. Look at the #6 in figure on the frame. This is a ground which usually causes problems. Not saying this is 100% your problem, but should not be overlooked.

joyfixer

March, 17, 2011 AT 11:57 AM

Thanks nick 275 and JDL, still working on it, replaced or made new ground.

March, 20, 2011 AT 12:30 AM

Let us know what you find.

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pump Relay