I just recenlty replace my ignation cylinder

TRPHILLIPS
  • 2000 SATURN SL2

I just recenlty replace my ignation cylinder. Now my key wont turn past Run. I cant start my car. Or make my lights work or radio. Could it be my ignation switch. But when I take out the cylinder, I can turn the ignation switch with a flathead and and I can get my radio to work lights ext but it wont start. What do I do now to get my car to start?

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 12:12 AM

CADIEMAN

And you'll need to check the ignition switch on top of the column and may need to be adjusted.

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 12:20 AM
TRPHILLIPS

How do I do that?

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 12:28 AM
SATURNTECH9

It won't start with a screwdriver on that car it needs the cylinder to turn to start it. Because it has a pass lock sensor in the ignition housing that needs to see the cylinder turning. Also the ignition switch isn't adjustable on that it just mounted in place with a couple of screws. So when you used the screwdriver does it turn to the start position?Also the cylinder won't turn to the start poison just lock acc an run?Does the cylinder turn to all the positions with the cylinder out of the housing?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
+1
Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 2:02 AM
TRPHILLIPS

Yes, when I used the screwdriver it will go to the start position. And yes the cylinder wont turn to start just in the lock, acc and run. When I take it out of the housing, I can turn the key. Also When I out the clyinder in and inserted my key I dont get nothing, not even my my lights on my dash.

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 1:44 PM
SATURNTECH9

So if you use a screw driver to turn the housing to turn the ignition switch do the dash lights etc come on?Also why did you change the cylinder?

+1
Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 AT 5:40 AM
TRPHILLIPS

Yes when I put the screwdriver in the switch and turn it
My dash lights and radio ext come on. I had to replace it cause my ingtion was stuck in lock and I try everything to get out of it

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 AT 3:30 PM
SATURNTECH9

So your turning the unmounted ignition that's not attached to the housing and the dash lights etc work?But when its mounted to the housing and you use a screw driver in place of the cylinder no lights etc?

-1
Saturday, March 9th, 2013 AT 4:48 AM