2000 SATURN SL1 WONT START

• FKinz
  • 2000 Saturn SL1
  • automatic

Ok so today I had a friend of mine come over but cause his car was over heating so I thought well I have the same car only its a 95 its gotta be the fan he brings the car over fans not working I rewire it to a switch and find out the connector is bad and so is the fan while playing around to make it work long enough for him to get home I touched the wires together and it created a big surge fried the new switch and now there's no power going to the fan period and the car just cranks but wont start its got fuel and spark I checked the fuses briefly didn't see anything that concerned me any thoughts (didnt scan)

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 1:17 PM

• Wrenchtech

It's pretty apparent that you are not real knowledgeable in electrical circuits and one mistake could fry every computer in the car so I suggest you get the car to a qualified technician to be diagnosed properly.

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 1:49 PM
  • FKinz

Honestly im no expert but I can make due so I made I mistake and surged the system what r some of the things I can check to for a solution cause the car doesnt move obviously

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 2:07 PM
  • Wrenchtech

This is a very complicated electrical circuit that is connected to the PCM. It's no place to experiment. You need a professional.

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 AT 2:09 PM