IM having an intermitting problem where the car.

BRIANJERNIGAN
  • 2000 SATURN L200
Im having an intermitting problem where the car twice would not start twice (after car being off for about an hour). The next day the car would start fine, but after driving the car for about two miles when I can to a complete stop the car would stall out (no sputter, just off dead) and would not start again. If I come back to the car after a few hours it starts up fine again. The car will crank over fine, it sound like there is either no spark for no fuel getting to the motor. I have replaced the fuel filter and the battery to try to resolve the problem with no luck. Looking to see what might be causing this. Thanks
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

BRIANJERNIGAN
2000 Saturn LS2 6cyl. Model.
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 6:42 PM
SATURNTECH9
Do you have any codes in the computer?Sounds like a bad crank shaft position sensor. Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 7:56 PM
BRIANJERNIGAN
We did have two codes, but not until after we replaced the fuel filter and the battery was dead so we had to jump the car. Following that we replaced the battery and had the codes cleared. I dont recall what the codes were, im thinking one said something about a position of some sort. I do have a multimeter.
Also it stalled out again today and the service light is back on, id have to bring it back in to the shop to test the codes again if we need the exact codes. Thanks again
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 8:19 PM
SATURNTECH9
If you had a code P0335 then that would lead me to believe you could have a bad crank position sensor. Even if you didn't you could still have a bad one that's the most common thing I have seen for those symptoms on those cars the sensor is right next to the oil filter. When it wont start measure the resistance of the crank sensor it should read about 800 ohms. When they test bad they usually read as a open circuit.
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 8:55 PM
BRIANJERNIGAN
Thanks you for the quick reply. I will test those out and let you know the outcome.
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 9:29 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome that's what were here for keep me posted.
Friday, December 21st, 2012 AT 1:54 AM