2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Wont crank

LILJESSEE
  • 2000 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
When I try to crank the car, it doesn't turn over and makes a loud clicking noise, kind of like a dead battery but not like one I've ever heard. So I install a new starter and that doesn't work. So I lean towards the battery or alternator. I replace the old battery with a brand new one and that didn't make a difference either. Now I'm stuck and out of ideas.
Sunday, August 25th, 2013 AT 9:55 PM

I'M MORE OF A DINOSAUR VEHICLE GUY, OLD JEEPS AND FORDS ARE MY THING

.............OTHER THAN A POSSIBLE ANTI-THEFT THING GOING ON (WHICH I DON'T KNOW IF YOURS HAS THIS FEATURE OR NOT)

IF THAT'S NOT THE CASE..........THIS IS THE PROBLEM I SEE ALL OF THE TIME....IN ANY VEHICLE....NEW OR OLD..............SEE MY LINK AND THE PICS AT THE BOTTOM OF IT

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

RETURN BACK TO THIS POST......BEARING GOOD NEWS!!!

Sunday, August 25th, 2013 AT 10:06 PM
MADMIKE1735
The clicking noise you describe sounds to me like the starter. I understand you just replaced it. 1st thing, turn the engine over by putting a socket and ratchet on the crank pulley. Verify the engine isnt seized. Then double check the tightness of your battery cable to the starter. Have the battery tested and verify its good. Let me know the results.
Saturday, September 14th, 2013 AT 9:37 PM
MADMIKE1735
I know you changed the battery, but still have it tested. Ive seen new batterys that were no good.
Saturday, September 14th, 2013 AT 9:38 PM
LILJESSEE
@CJ MEDEVAC: I am almost positive that it is the anti theft system. But I am not sure where to look or where to start or what to look for to fix this problem. I had issues with it a while back with the security. Supposedly, I was using the wrong key and it locked down. Lol. After weighing out all my options, I figured that's gotta be what it is! So. What should I do to get started on this Anti-Theft Project!
@madmike1732: I will give this a try but I'm pretty sure the engine isnt seized because when I try to crank it, I can clearly see (it lift and go back to starting position) the pulley move. So I figured if the engine had shut down, then none of that would move at all. Right!
Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 3:08 PM
NOT REAL UP ON THIS KINDA THING.....I'M SORTA CARBURETED

I DID A "QUESTION SEARCH" AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE....STUCK IN YOUR CAR AND ANTI-THEFT....THIS WAS ONE OF MY HITS

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/pontiac-grand-prix-2000-pontiac-grand-prix-anti-theft

I HOPE THE OTHER FELLER'S INFO IS CORRECT IN THE LINK

LEMME KNOW IF THAT HELPS YOU

Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 8:18 PM
MADMIKE1735
If the pulleys move, the engine isnt seized. I just recommended to check so we know were not dealing with a deal horse. Usually a security issue with make the security, or anti-theft light flash in dash.
-1
Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 AT 8:47 PM