ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT WONT START

• tgilman92
  • 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
  • automatic

I just did an engine swap on a 2000 pontiac grand prix gtp 3.8L s/c. After getting engine in we try to start the car but it would just turn over and wouldn't start. We checked the fuel lines and they seem to be getting fuel fine. Next thing we checked was the plugs for spark. There was no spark at all so we changed the crankshaft n camshaft position sensors with no change. I don't think it is the ignition control module because we didn't change it and before the original motor locked up due to blowing a piston it worked fine and spark plug wires are brand new. Any and all help is appreciated.

Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 6:23 PM

• JDL

Is the donor engine out of the same year--make--model? Somtimes you have to use the computer from the donor vehicle to get everything to work?

Did you check voltage and ground at the ignition module? Maybe a two wire connector on one end? Pink wire is voltage, goes hot when you turn on the key, black wire is ground.

Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 6:42 PM