2000 Nissan Maxima wont start unless I hotwire it

ASKATERSDREAM
  • 2000 NISSAN MAXIMA

I attempted to install myself a remote start by bulldog security on my 2000 nissan maxima se. It was installed and worked for the first few starts. It now wont start unless I hot wire it. If I unhook the entire remote start and put all cables back to where they were the ignition wont even turn the engine over. I turn the key to start and nothing happens not even clicking or anything. I have tried disconnecting the battery and I disabled the cars security device. But im still not getting the car to start without having to hot wire it. Whats my problem?

Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 6:32 PM

Recheck the wiring you replaced. Something has to have been installed incorrectly.

Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 7:01 PM
ASKATERSDREAM

I took out the remote start and every wire is connected exactly where it is supposed to be after coming from the factory.

Monday, December 6th, 2010 AT 9:57 PM

Then there is either a problem with the ignition switch, starter relay, starter, or the wiring between.

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 4:31 PM
ASKATERSDREAM

I had one of my buddies come by and chek it out. I hooked up the key sense wires and blew the key sense so he just bypassed it so now I can use my duplicate key that doesn't have the micro chip in it

+1
Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 7:04 PM

Wow!

Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 AT 1:58 PM
ASKATERSDREAM

Haha what?

Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 AT 9:28 PM