START ISSUES

2000 Nissan Altima

Nicknewsom

December, 9, 2013 AT 3:05 PM

Nissan Altima with no sign of trouble all of a sudden will not start. Battery tested good, have power, lights, windows, etc. No result when you turn the key all the way. Car does run with a jump start but once you shut it off, it's dead again. Any ideas? Starter? Alternator? Battery cables?

Ty Anderson

December, 9, 2013 AT 10:09 PM

Just to clarify does the engine crank over and starts to run then shuts off. Or does the engine not even crank over?

If the vehicle cranks over and runs with a jump start but then can not start again with out the jump. I would suspect the battery terminal clamps. Check both battery terminal clamps and make sure they are clean, no corrosion, and they are tight, you should not be able to move them by hand. Also check to make sure the battery terminal clamps haven't been eaten away by corrosion or previous corrosion. In short you want as much surface area on the battery terminal clamps to the battery terminal posts.

Let me know

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test