P1121 Nissan - Electric Throttle Control Actuator
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Electric Throttle Control Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
What does this mean? What does this mean?
When is the code detected?
Electric throttle control actuator does not function properly due to the return spring malfunction or throttle valve is stuck open
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle pedal response
P1121 Nissan Description
Electric Throttle Control Actuator consists of throttle control motor, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), etc. The throttle control motor is operated by the Engine Control Module (ECM) and it opens and closes the throttle valve.
The throttle position sensor detects the throttle valve position, and the opening and closing speed of the throttle valve and feeds the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the throttle valve from these signals and the ECM controls the throttle control motor to make the throttle valve opening angle properly in response to driving condition.
Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 AT 2:29 AM