REPLACE A FUEL PUMP RELAY?

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

Lamsha

September, 27, 2012 AT 3:50 PM

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi galant 6cyl im trying to replace a fuel pump relay and im trying to identify which it is because I see more than one of those

We know where the fuse box is for the fuel pump relay just trying to find which one is it because the plugins look alike

saturntech9

September, 27, 2012 AT 3:56 PM

While cranking see if you have power to both sides of the fuel pump fuse if you do the relay is working.

September, 27, 2012 AT 4:45 PM

Refer to diagram.

Lamsha

September, 29, 2012 AT 1:18 AM

Thanks alot for diagram and the connectors to the fuel pump one of its prong has a burnt mark on it what could that possibly be

saturntech9

September, 29, 2012 AT 1:25 AM

One of the terminals to the fuel pump module is burnt?If so probably a bad fuel pump. Do you have power and ground to the fuel pump while cranking the engine?

Lamsha

September, 29, 2012 AT 1:45 AM

Yes it does have power

saturntech9

September, 29, 2012 AT 1:55 AM

If there is power and ground to the fuel pump and its not working bad fuel pump.

Lamsha

September, 29, 2012 AT 2:01 AM

Not sure but when I crank it up it acts as if it wants to start but it is not getting gas to start could it be the relay?

saturntech9

September, 29, 2012 AT 2:20 AM

If you getting power and ground at the fuel pump module at the gas tank the relay is working.

Lamsha

September, 29, 2012 AT 2:27 AM

How do you check for the power and ground to the fuel pump module

saturntech9

September, 29, 2012 AT 2:39 AM

I would first try what I first said and see if you have power to both sides of the fuel pump fuse while cranking if you do the relay is working. Where did you see the melted terminal at?

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang