2000 MITSHUBISHI ECLIPSE NO SPARK

• Hope
  • 2000 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE

So I was driving my car yesterday. My car had sat for like an hour before I drove again and left to go somewhere when my car died down the street. My husband and son have checked all fuses they think and it still has not spark can you give us some advice on this problem?

Wednesday, April 27th, 2011 AT 11:58 PM

• Rasmataz

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

-1
Sunday, May 29th, 2011 AT 1:19 AM