CAR PROBLEMS

2000 Infiniti G20

Cavy74

July, 28, 2011 AT 1:34 AM

I have a 2000 Infiniti G20T 5speed manual transmission. On Thursday after some driving a came to a stop and the car just stalled. I restarted the car and it turned over started and then died. After pushing the vehicle off the road and waiting 10 minutes I restarted the car and it ran no problems. Monday I drove to work no issues. However on the drive home after about 20 minutes I came to a stop and the car died again. Tried restarting and would not stay running. Tried again and after it turned over I then gave it gas and it stayed running ran in third through town and it was like I was on and off the gas though I wasn't. Shifted to 4th and then 5th and ran at 60 mph no problem. Next town, down shifted and got to third and car died, took my foot off the clutch and let my spped restart the car, down shifted to second died again, popped the clutch and restarted, stopped and car died again. From there on out til I got home same problem, when I stopped I then just restarted the car, held in the clutch and feathered the gas to keep it running. Any ideas? Marc in Wi

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

fixitmr

October, 20, 2011 AT 12:58 AM

Maybe an IAC valve malfunction? Or a sticking leaking EGR valve. Or a vacuum leak from split/loose/cracked vac hose?