Yes, the easiest way to get to the plugs is by removing the upper intake (called an air surge tank). However, you can NOT reuse the gasket. Also, take pictures of everything before removal so you can see how things go back. Here's the procedure for removal:
AIR INTAKE SURGE TANK
1. Remove the air intake hose connected to the throttle body.
2. Remove the accelerator and cruise control cables.
3. Remove the engine coolant hose.
4. Remove the P.C.V. Hose and brake booster vacuum hoses.
5. Disconnect the vacuum hose connections.
6. Remove the ISA, TIPS and ATS connector.
7. Remove the surge tank stay.
8. Remove the air intake surge tank and surge tank gasket.
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 1:10 PM