2000 Honda CRV Retrofit power door locks

PANCHOLEFTY
  • 2000 HONDA CRV
Is it possible/practicable to replace the existing manual door locks with the power/remote option? I'll be happy if only the driver's door can be operated with a remote.
Sunday, March 9th, 2014 AT 10:27 PM

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Anything is possible, but id go online and check for availability. Theres lots of companies that do aftermarket keyless systems. Im not sure if they make them for manual replacements. They didn't the last time I checked
Monday, March 10th, 2014 AT 4:10 AM
PANCHOLEFTY
I was hoping for a more thoughtful answer (after paying $10) than "go online."

I may be wrong but I'll guess that the door and wire harnesses are the same for all models. Can I go to Honda or a junk yard and buy a remote controller & a lock actuator, and probably some linkage parts, for the driver's door?

I don't want an aftermarket solution.

If the answer is "impossible" or "possible but expensive and a lot of effort", I can understand that but "go online" isn't helpful.
.
Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 AT 5:18 PM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
I do apologize. I misunderstood what you were asking. Yes if you want to install a honda power door lock system you can. Anything is possible. Just make sure you get all the wires and modules involved. I would most definitely check a salvage yard first but definitely call several of the closest dealers for new prices. I say several because they can vary in price. Good luck and I hope this was more helpful
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 3:17 AM
PANCHOLEFTY
Good info. Thanks.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 10:45 AM
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Youre welcome. Please let me know if I can help further
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 6:18 PM