JERKING

2000 Honda Accord

mrmoe

November, 13, 2013 AT 12:26 PM

I have a 2000 Model Honda Accord, each time I am driving it I observe while in motion it jerks when I try to accelerate. I met with my mechanic and he advised that I change the ignition which I have done but the problem still persist.

mhpautos

November, 13, 2013 AT 3:01 PM

Coil, plugs, leads, fuel filter, bad fuel, any set fault codes in the system, not all codes set a check light, get a scan and check all items mentioned.

hondatech1983

November, 15, 2013 AT 5:17 PM

Based on the symptoms you're describing I think you may have an ignition system problem. I would look closely at the spark plug wires and the spark plugs. Are the wires original? A neat trick to see if you have a plug wire leaking spark externally is to spray a little salt water along the plug wires to the distributor cap while the engine is running. If one or more wires is leaking external you will see the spark jump to the salt water. Also pull out a spark plug to examine it. If you haven't changed your plugs in 30,000 miles you should replace them.

mhpautos

November, 16, 2013 AT 4:30 AM

Let us know how you get on, re post if you need further info.