STARTER

CHATA
  • 2000 GMC JIMMY
My 2000 gmc jimmy starter keep dying on me. I already replaced the flywheel, alternator, 7 starters
Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 4:53 PM

Did you have starter tested? Are you using oem starter? I'd have to check actual voltage readings and grounds for the starter circuit. At the diagram, terminal B is hot all the time. Terminal S goes hot with key in the crank position.

You may have to check starter amp draw, you may have a internal engine issue, causing the starter to work harder than normal.

Seven starters and nobody can figure it out? Are you using new starters?
Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 5:50 PM
CHATA
Yeah the starter is new and dead within 3 days of replacement.I drop in a rebulit engine in september of 2010 that when the problem started with the starter. The auto shop I went to was a joke they didnt do a honest job and gave me nothing but headache. Im already passed the warranty for the engine. Im worried if it is internal. When I test the starter I been told that every things ok. But then my check engine lite came up and I was told a crank sensor is no good? But it not the sensor is it?
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 2:13 PM
CHATA
One more thing thank you jdl. You dont understand how greatful iam toward your kindness to help me out!Thank u thank u
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 2:15 PM
Can you turn the crankshaft by hand. If it cranks good but won't start, the problem isn't the starter. The crank sensor is for the rpm signal, no rpm signal, the vehicle will crank but won't start.
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 3:24 PM
CHATA
OMG! JDL I KNEW IT! IT HARD FOR ME AS A WOMEN TO HAV MY OPINON HEARD WHEN IT COMES TO THE SUBJECT OF CARS. THE AUTO SHOP ARE TRYING TO PULL THE WOOL OVER MY EYES.I MAY NOT BE AN LICENSE EXPERT BUT WHEN IT COMES TO COMMON SENSE I THINK IM ON THE BALL. THE "EXPERT" ARE TRYING TO TELL ME IT S THE FLYWHEEL BUT I REPLACE IT IN OCT 2010. THE STARTER IS NOT GRINDING AT ALL I CHECK IT MY SELF. THERE IS NO METAL SHAVING THE GEAR LOOKS GREAT. IM GOING TO CRANK IT AND SEE. THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN. I NEEDED A SECOND OPINON FROM SOMEONE WHO ISNT LOOKING TO RUN ME DRY
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 3:35 PM
Hope you get it going your way.
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 3:42 PM