2000 Ford Windstar intermittent stalling

SHERRIEWHEELER
  • 2000 FORD WINDSTAR

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar and 6 months ago it starting stalling intermittently Symptoms: before starting the van, I have to pump the gas pedal, at least 2 times to start, otherwise if I start the van it will stall withing a couple of seconds. This is all intermittent. A couple of times, while driving, it will stall. I would start it up and have to press the gas pedal a few times to keep it from stalling and then it will go. Yesterday, driving home, it acted like it was going to stall and I would press on the gas pedal and the only example I could give that it felt like, would be a bike chain skipping a link. It kept "jerking". Feeling at a loss that this is not corrected. Was told that since the engine light does not come on that a diagnostics is useless because it could not read codes. I need some ideas.

Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

If the light isn't on, chances are there are no codes stored. Check fuel pump pressure and make sure it is within the manufacturer's specs.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 AT 5:14 PM