SPARK PLUG CHANGE

2000 Ford Taurus

jdjarman0417

June, 5, 2013 AT 11:37 AM

Alright I am attempting to replace my spark plugs and wires myself. I have replaced both plugs and wires on the front and as well with the one in the first cylinder. I decided to put everything back together and test it out. Upon turning on the car it hesitated and eventually shut off like it wasn't getting any fuel. I am not an experienced mechanic of any sort just tried working on my car myself. I went over everything I took apart and everything is put back correctly just not 100 percent sure about the spark plugs and wires because I have never done it before.

Docfixit

June, 5, 2013 AT 12:08 PM

Did you change out one plug and one wire at a time? Ie. Firing order correct?

jdjarman0417

June, 5, 2013 AT 1:13 PM

Yes I made really sure that was correct, however come to find out I might have broke a hose that's connected to the fuel line so it might have lost pressure. Not 100 percent sure that's the problem but that's what i'm going with until it's fixed

Docfixit

June, 5, 2013 AT 1:23 PM

Fuel pressure is @45psi so think ypu broke a hose fuel would be everywhere maybe a vacuum hose?

jdjarman0417

June, 5, 2013 AT 1:31 PM

Yeah perhaps a vacuum hose for one it's a hose within a hose and it looks like it snapped off but can't really tell from where because it's back behind the intake manifold.

Docfixit

June, 7, 2013 AT 8:39 AM

So what happened? Able to get at hose and repair?

jdjarman0417

June, 7, 2013 AT 6:06 PM

Well come to find out we did break the egr pressure sensor and I had to replace that but the big problem was that I wasn't able to remove the intake manifold but I still slid it a little bit to have broken the gaskets. They were already cracking anyways and really needed replacing but I didn't know that until we got the whole thing off. But upon breaking those gaskets it allowed air to get inside and make the engine think it needed to pump more fuel in which causing it to rev up a lot and then immediately shut. So it was a vacuum issue after all. It is fixed now and it runs great. Thanks for the help you gave Docfixit

Docfixit

June, 10, 2013 AT 10:07 AM

Good to hear Thanks for letting me know and glad that it runs well. You did good

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element