WHAT IS CAUSING THE ENGINE TO OVERHEAT TWO TIMES IN 4 MONTHS?

• Jeremiah1178
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS

First overheating was in Aug. 2011. Cracked one of the heads(other one was okay). I had the entire cooling system rebuilt: new radiator, hoses, water pump, etc. It ran good for a few months. Then in Dec. It started leaking coolant. The heads seem to be okay but one head gasket was blown indicating overheating again.
Before this happened in august I had taken road trips(from Dallas to Iowa and Colorado), and even around town, with no problems. Just wondering what may have caused it to overheat again.

Thank You for consideration. -Jeremiah

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 4:43 AM

• Rasmataz

You're leaking somehwere-get it block and pressure tested to find out more what's happening

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 5:04 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

THE LEAK WAS MAYBE NOT FROM AN OVERHEAT? (UNLESS YOU WITNESSED AN OVERHEAT)

COULD BE THAT THE HEADS WERE NOT PROPERLY PREPPED OR POSSIBLY NOT TORQUED CORRECTLY. EVEN AN "OUT OF NOWHERE CRACK APPEAR"

COULD BE "ONE OF THOSE THINGS" OR "AN ACT OF GOD"

NOT BASHING ANYONE'S ABILITIES----BUT I HAVE SEEN 1ST HAND, THESE TWO SCENARIOS (THERE ARE MORE, JUST AIN'T GOT THE ROOM/ TIME TO WRITE 'EM),

"THE NEW GUY DID IT!"

A CELL PHONE'S ABILITY TO RENDER ONES BRAIN USELESS WHEN THEY SHOULD BE PERFORMING WORK RELATED TASKS

'BOUT ALL YOU CAN DO IS PROVE SOMEONE'S NEGLIGENCE, OR AS RAZMATAZ SAID, GET 'ER CHECKED OUT AND MOVE ON!

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 AT 5:21 AM