9 CODE MESS

2000 Ford Taurus

Steve J. Benson

June, 11, 2013 AT 4:08 AM

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Taurus 3.0. Its the Overhead Valve motor non flex fuel with ABS. The transmission is an AX4N metric. I had 9 codes all of a sudden and the car was stuck in low gear while driving. I brought it home and had the following codes.

P0743
P0750
P0755
P0760
P1451
P0135
P0141
P0155
P0161

Because 4 of the codes related to the transmission, I spoke to the guy who rebuilt the trans 15 mos. Ago. He was willing to look at it but he was almost positive it wasn't a transmission issue because he said you wouldn't loose all 3 shift solonoids at once. He suggested either a bad module or shorted wire. I did check to make sure all the plugs were secure which they were.
Any suggestions?

hmac300

June, 11, 2013 AT 5:37 AM

Check your battery for condition first as a few of those are engine codes. It could be a shorted wire but if a battery isn't in good condition or losing contact in terminal ends will cause this. Make sure to load test battery as well.

Steve J. Benson

June, 18, 2013 AT 3:43 AM

The battery connections were fine and as far as I can tell the wiring is encased in the plastic shielding and not frayed or split. Before I start removing the shielding, do you have any suggestions as to where the best place to start might be? I would presume starting with any wires connected to the tranny makes sense but you may know better.

hmac300

June, 18, 2013 AT 5:32 AM

Reread the reply I said CONDITON not connection and that includes a load tes

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz