2000 Ford Mustang cylinder 3 misfire code

SUGAR132PLUMB
  • 2000 FORD MUSTANG
I have a 2000 mustang that's giving me a cylinder 3 misfire code I've checked and rechecked the new plugs wires and alternator that was just recently put in. It ran fine for a month after I replaced the alternator for a clylinder 1 and cylinder 5 misfire code. I've suspected the ecm because I checked the idle air control valve which called for 5 volts but I kept getting a reading of 12 volts which the book said if the voltage is much higher. Than 5 volts have the ecm checked by a repair shop. I'm wondering though why I'm not getting an ecm code on my obd2 scanner. I'm also suspecting my egr valve because it will idle funny and it seems like the engine will overrev when I'm shifting gears I know a little about mechanics but am no expert and don't even know if an egr system problem would cause a cylinder 3 misfire code if anyone has had a similar problem with a fix I'd appreciate any insight on this.
Sunday, April 19th, 2015 AT 4:36 PM

There is no code for an ecm on the type of scanner you have. A misfire can be caused by many things. It can be any sensor in the engine causing this. Things you can check are fuel pressure with a gauge-auto parts rent it and vacuum leak otherwise leave it to a pro with a different style scanner that can do a lot of other tests/things yours can't do. It willsave you money in the long run
Monday, April 20th, 2015 AT 6:59 AM