2000 FORD FOCUS HESITATION AND GRINDING NOISE

• MyKande
  • 2000 Ford Focus
  • manual

I have a 2000 Ford Focus, it has a manual transmission. When I go to accelerated it feels like the engine is in-taking air but the check engine light has not come on and the car has not shut off. The MIL light does work. I have been getting a lot of suggestions and I don't want to spend money on something I don't need right now, plus I cant afford it. My second issue is when acceleration I hear like this grinding sound coming from the engine. I have heard that it could be the gear box, but i'm not sure does this usually go bad. I have also been told that I should just do a tune-up and that should take care of the hesitation. Please help!

Friday, May 23rd, 2014 AT 7:23 AM

• hmac300

Try cleaning the throttleplate on both sides and iac hole with choke cleaner then check fuel pressure with a gauge autoparts rent it. For the noise see if it does it in all gears or just one as that can tell whether it's a trans or engine problem.

Friday, May 23rd, 2014 AT 8:11 AM