4.0 OHV TURNS OVER BUT WILL NOT START.

2000 Ford Explorer

jms1

March, 8, 2012 AT 1:55 AM

Has fire, in time, injectors are working, p.A.T.S. Is not an issue, Crank sensor is good new plugs and wires. Fuel system is working and has correct pressure.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 8, 2012 AT 4:04 AM

If you have good spark, proper fuel pressure, the injectors are working, then it has to run unless it has low compression

jms1

March, 8, 2012 AT 4:17 AM

Each cyl. Checks around 150 psi. If the cms were bad would the pcm still send fire to the injectors? This is the only thing i've not tested

Jacobandnickolas

March, 8, 2012 AT 4:29 AM

jms1

March, 8, 2012 AT 4:54 AM

Thanks, I will check the cms tomorrow. By all reasons this thing should start if the cms checks good.

jms1

March, 9, 2012 AT 4:29 AM

Changed the cms. I have 60-65 psi at the test port on the fuel. Rail. Tried something odd.I pulled the fuel pump relay and she tried to start. It may be trying to get to much fuel. It is acting like a carb. Engine when they flood out. Fuel pump was changed last week. By the way cms was not faulty but change it anyway

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement