NO SURE WHATS WRONG

2000 Dodge Ram

falcon19

March, 1, 2011 AT 5:36 PM

Okay I've done prior maintenance on my truck over the last month. I've gave it a tune up, a new radiator, oil change every 3000 miles, new air filter, transmission fluid change, new shocks, drums, shoes, brake pads, and a sealing in the back axle. I will be replacing the cat converter and exhaust for a Magna flow hi flow converter and a flowmaster 50 series. The a/c isn't working and recharging it don't help. The crusis control doesnt work. After all the work I've done to my truck so far and it still acts up. When I start my truck and start driving down the road, it acts like it is loading power and begins to slow down yet the rpm doesn't rise. When I let off the gas and go to accelerate again it seems fine but occasionally back fires. Is this a transmission, exhaust, vacume or a sensor problem? I'm not sure where to look next for this problem

Docfixit

March, 1, 2011 AT 6:36 PM

Check engine light coming on? Has fuel pressure been checked? When it backfires is it through exhaust or intake?

falcon19

March, 1, 2011 AT 6:41 PM

Engine light isn't on and fuel pressure is good back firing seem to come from the intake

Docfixit

March, 1, 2011 AT 6:57 PM

Would need to have a diagnostic scan done see if gives a clue. Many reasons this could be happening scan of all input and output sensors and controls is logical step to take.

Backfiring is often caused by a vacuum leak.

mopar4Life98

March, 26, 2011 AT 3:03 PM

Check the tps

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage