CAR DIED GOING DOWN THE ROAD...JUST DIED

2000 Dodge Neon

robmayo

October, 16, 2011 AT 3:33 PM

Driving down the road the car just died. I have checked the battery, alternator, starter, starter relay and the ignition switch. They are all good but yet power is still not going somewhere and will not let the car start. When you turn the key it does nothing, the starter doesnt even click or anything!

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

mhpautos

October, 16, 2011 AT 3:36 PM

Do you have power at the starter solenoid wire with the key on crank? And is this an auto or manual?

robmayo

October, 16, 2011 AT 3:45 PM

Yes I have power there. And it is an automatic

robmayo

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:00 PM

Is there a secure site that I can donate to.I wanted to but the site that you put your info at is unsecured. Can you give me an address that I can send it too. I would really like to donate to this site.

mhpautos

October, 16, 2011 AT 11:38 PM

If you have power at the solenoid check that you have power at the main starter cable, if not re check battery connections, clean and tighten them, if you do have power at the starter and 12V at the solenoid wire on crank, the starter is faulty if it will not turn the engine.