• Anonymous
  • 2000 Dodge Durango

My durango 2000 slt 4.7 115750 miles overheated on tuesday, I replaced the hose w\fill cap then filled the block. When I overheated it was for about 2 miles I was able to keep it from over over heating but it was blowing out antifreeze out pretty good! I had to use 1 3\4 gal to fill the block to give you an idea. Now when I went to start the "vic" it was making an arching sound out of the starter I think, almost as a tapping. The lights were going dim and I had to jump the durango go start it. It ran fine for 2 miles to my destination, I parked shut off then tried to turn it on, it didn't start nor did it do anything other then a sound commming out of the chime box, I had taken the relay 10amp out cleaned and replaced it with another success it started I ran it for about 20 min tested it several times and again it turned on and off fine! Today 11\7\2012 roughly 14 hours after all I tried and again no avail this time jumped again fine worked. Till shut off then again the same as before.

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Have the battery, alternator and start checked for proper operation.

Also get the check done for possible head gasket from overheating.

Thursday, November 8th, 2012 AT 4:05 AM