2000 Dodge Caravan radio wiring

CHRIS888
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
I installed an after market deck in my van. Everything works fine with the radio except the actual am fm. Theres a blue wire on the deck itself that needs to be connected to antenna or equilizer. Where do I hook up that wire so I get radio?
also. My power locks, headlights and dome lights now only work when the key is in the on position. Are there wires associated in that harness that go with these?

thanks and hope u can help!
chris
Thursday, September 25th, 2014 AT 8:24 PM

For the interior lights, suspect a blown fuse. Check those first. 2000 was right in the middle of when they switched over to the newer plug style. Do you have the older two plugs, a gray one and a black one, or do you have the newer single gray plug with two rows of terminals? The older plugs were used with the square-faced radios. The Mitsubishi-built CD / cassette combo radios were REAL high quality and are very popular for upgrades. If you have the newer plug, you'll have a radio that had rounded corners on the face plate. Some of those radios used the two separate plugs too.

You said "everything works" but the radio reception doesn't. Does that mean you do have sound on some functions but not with the radio, or is there no sound at all? Do you know if you had the Infinity system with the remote amplifier?
Thursday, September 25th, 2014 AT 9:19 PM
CHRIS888
Yes it is the 2 plug harness. One black. One gray.. Its not the infinity radio. Its the old square one with tape deck.

I connect anrenna wire and het noise but no stations work. Works fine with cd and aux.
Friday, September 26th, 2014 AT 7:38 AM
You have an issue with the antenna, most likely with the plug on the end of the cable, or a problem in the radio. Try your old radio again. If the stations come in, especially the AM stations, the problem is in the new radio.

Unlike home stereos, car radios must have a good antenna to get good reception. If you suspect the antenna, poke a small screwdriver, pick, or piece of wire into the antenna jack and you'll get good reception from local stations.
Friday, September 26th, 2014 AT 4:28 PM