KNOCKING NOISE?

• xstephiee
  • 2000 Dodge Avenger

I got this car a few months ago, it ran great, no problems. Just had to get an exhaust leak fixed near the catalyc converter and get new parts, and got a tune-up. Anyways, I didn't run the car for about two weeks, that's when I first heard a light tapping noise when I accelerated. Later, the noise got worse suddenly. Now, it's a loud, obvious knocking noise, it sounds the loudest by the engine. By the cylinders and timing belt area but nothing visible. The car makes this loud noise weather I'm driving or in idle. The noise gets faster as I drive faster. When I have to break hard, the low oil pressure light goes on foor a second and the car stalls. It starts right back up and runs great besides that. Please help! Thank you.

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 7:31 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Sounds like an internal engine issue. You need a shop to check this for you. It sounds like you will need major engine work.

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 10:47 PM