AIR CONDITIONING, REPLACED THE PUMP TWICE, DONèT WANT TO REPLACE AGAIN

2000 Chrysler Cirrus

Glen Clements

September, 24, 2011 AT 6:59 PM

One year ago started to make a noise. Replaced the pump, after six months it quit, had a leak at the h valve replaced, three months later with another noise had the pump replaced again, almost immediately had a worse noise(like a fog horn and never consistent. Finnaly blew the pump up. Mechanic replaced the pump again for the last time on warenty, he thinks there is something floating arround in the rest of the system causing the high pressures. Any ideas I will try to replace the cooler or and the evaporator, Any suggestions on which one to try first etc.

September, 24, 2011 AT 9:29 PM

First of all, when the compressor fails, you need to replace the compressor, dryer, h valve and completely flush the system of all debris. It sounds like this was not done thus the failure from debris in the system.
You need the job done correctly in order for it to work.

Glen Clements

September, 27, 2011 AT 1:24 AM

The dryer, h valve, expansion valve were replace and the system was flushed with nitrogen gas. It ran perfect for the mechanic with an hour of idling but when I took it to town on a hot day after running arround I heard the pump act up again. This has been quite frustrating.
Glen

September, 27, 2011 AT 3:14 AM

Nitrogen gas is not a flushing agent. You need a flushing agent as I still think you have system contamination.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement