2000 Chevrolet Venture same problem, misfires many times

JAMESMARC11
  • 2000 CHEVROLET VENTURE
I am having trouble with this site. I ask a question 2 days ago and got a short answer which I answered the questions and have not gotten a response. Help me with what I need to do next. I was asked if the coil and module were checked.
Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 AT 6:45 AM

You should not be starting a new question because that's like starting a whole new conversation in a bar with different people. Once your first question was answered it goes off the list for others to see and respond to. That prevents a lot of people from giving you all kinds of different advice that makes your head spin, which is how most other forums work. Here, one person will stick with you until a solution is found.

By starting a new post we don't know the problem you're having, the engine size, observations, hints and clues, what you've tried so far and the test results, or why the reference to those parts was made. Donations are greatly appreciated but most of the experts here will put just as much effort into helping you if you don't make a donation. There are other things that can happen though. I was recently gone to a car show swap meet for five days, and just before that I was nursing a kidney stone for five days including numerous trips to the hospital. Due to the pain I really didn't care about turning on the computer. Stuff like that can happen so thank you for not being angry about the lack of a response. Sometimes we miss the automated e-mails directing us back to your post when you make a reply so the first thing you should do is post another reply on your original thread. If you can't find the e-mail message with the link to that thread, look in the section where questions are listed by manufacturer and model. I think those are in order by date so you shouldn't have to scroll far to find yours.

If you still get no response, you can send a help request to the site owners and they will contact the expert who originally answered your question. The site owners are very helpful and easy to work with. If you run into problems, let me know and I'll contact them on your behalf. They will also get another expert involved if necessary and they'll send them the link to your question.
Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 AT 8:19 AM
OUR SITE HAS BEEN REMODELED TWICE SINCE I HAVE BEEN HERE

SOMETIMES WE DO NOT GET AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION THAT THE POST WE RESPONDED TO, HAS RESPONDED BACK

SOMETIMES WE ARE WORKING, ON VACATION (I WISH), OR SOMETIMES JUST GET CAUGHT UP IN THE MIX.........SOMETIMES WE GET "FRUSTRATED", LIKE WHEN YOU ASK FOR INFO OVER AND OVER FROM THE QUESTIONEER. OR ASK THEM TO PERFORM A SIMPLE TASK, AND THEY NEVER EVEN TRY OR GIVE A REASON FOR NOT TRYIN' (ALL CAR PROBLEMS CANNOT BE FIXED BY POURING A BOTTLE OF "MAGIC FIX" INTO THE OIL)

MOST OF US DO THIS IN OUR SPARE TIME.....JUST TO HELP OTHER FOLKS

THE COOL THING IS...WE GET TO PICK AND CHOOSE THRU THE QUESTIONS WHAT WE "WANT TO" OR ARE "CAPABLE OF"

"MY THING" IS MOSTLY THE "JEEP CJs" (SEE THE CJ 5 AND CJ 7 FORUMS)....."OLDER CARBURETED FORDS".....OTHER "OLD CARB VEHICLES"..........."RUN OF THE MILL", GENERIC STUFF, FOUND ON NEW AND OLD STUFF...........I HATE COMPUTER CARS!.......LIKE IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

..........HERE RECENTLY, I HAVE WRITTEN "NOVELS" BACK AS ANSWERS AND SUBMITTED THEM.....ONLY TO FIND OUT, LATER THEY DID NOT MAKE IT THRU!

THEY JUST INSTALLED A NEW FEATURE WHICH "TIMES US OUT"....MEANING THAT IF YOU AIN'T MOVED AROUND WITHIN THE SITE IN 15 MINUTES? YOU MUST SIGN BACK IN. THIS IS A WONDERFUL FEATURE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN STEADY RESEARCHING, WRITING, ADDING PICS (BUT NOT MOVED FROM THE ANSWER BLOCK PAGE)

........WHEN YOU FINALLY DO SUBMIT....LIKE AN HOUR LATER.....EVERYTHING YOU DID WAS LOST!

I HAVE FOUND THAT IF I "COPY MY TEXT" BEFORE I SUBMIT, AND "WATCH" MY ANSWER TILL IT POSTS..........THEN IT DON'T.....AT LEAST I CAN "SIGN BACK IN" ....THEN PASTE THE TEXT PORTION BACK IN...ADD THE PICS, DIAGRAMS, ETC.................A PAIN IN THE BUTT, BUT I DO WHAT I GOTTA DO!

............I'M SURE OTHERS ON HERE MAY NOT REALIZE THIS IS HAPPENING, SO WHEN THEY "SUBMIT" AND MOVE ONTO ANOTHER QUESTION............NOTHIN' GETS POSTED

SO.......HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO........GO BACK AND ADD TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION (POST)......THE OTHER FELLER MAY GET AN EMAIL THAT THERE WAS ADDITIONAL ACTIVITY AT THAT POST........(BE SURE TO PRAISE ME!)......YOU CAN ALSO RESUBMIT YOUR QUESTION

IF NOTHING ELSE, GO BACK TO IT, COPY THE "ADDRESS" AT THE TOP.....LINK IT BACK IN HERE TO ME (AT THIS POST) I WILL SEE IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE CAPABLE OF AN ANSWER, BACK TO YOU!

SEE.......THINGS AIN'T TOO BAD........AND WE DO TRY TO HELP ALL WE CAN!

(NOW COPYING THIS, I HAVE DILLY DALLIED FOR OVER 15 MINUTES!)

Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 AT 8:43 AM
SSE WHAT I MEAN. MY 1ST PIC WOULDN'T EVEN POST!

Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 AT 8:46 AM