HAVEING A NO/CRANK STARTING ISS.

2000 Chevrolet Venture

sshdsilverado

June, 30, 2012 AT 2:16 PM

Ok trying to figure out a no start/no crank at starter relay I have power on red main wire, key is start I get + power on both the nss wire orange and black and the the pcm wire yellow and black, the pcm shoud be a ground signal correct, at ecm I have power coming in on the purpale in to I think it 23 or 76 I might have them back words but postive going out on the yellow black

saturntech9

June, 30, 2012 AT 2:40 PM

So do you have power to the purple wire at the starter with the key in the start position?

sshdsilverado

June, 30, 2012 AT 3:38 PM

No on the starter relay with the key in start position the main red yellow and black, and orange and black are hot + 12.04 volts I think the yellow and black tracer wire is to go to - ground when the key goes to start position

saturntech9

July, 1, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

The output wire out of the starter relay is purple that is the trigger wire to the starter. Is there battery voltage at the starter with the key in the start position?That would tell us if the starter relay was working and giving power to the starter.

sshdsilverado

July, 1, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

No purp wire out of relay has no power. Hevy red wire has power. Orange w/black tracer ((((nss)) has power. Yellow w/black tracer has positive power(((( pcmwire)))) when key is in start position. I allso have no messages on driver cent like security or battery

saturntech9

July, 1, 2012 AT 9:01 PM

Alright while the key is in the start position do you have a ground going to the yellow and black wire at the crank relay?

sshdsilverado

July, 2, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

No yellow and black is for some reason positive

saturntech9

July, 2, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

The neutral safety switch supplys power to the crank relay trigger from the orange and black wire. Then the yellow and black wire to the crank relay has to supply the ground to the trigger of the relay for the relay to work. The yellow and black wire is the actual ground trigger from the pcm. The purple wire out of the pcm/crank fuse should have power with the key in the crank position that goes to the pcm.

sshdsilverado

July, 3, 2012 AT 6:22 PM

Yes the purple wire out of the ecm is hot when the key is in the start position

saturntech9

July, 3, 2012 AT 6:50 PM

What about the other wires I mentioned in my last reponse?

sshdsilverado

July, 4, 2012 AT 4:46 PM

The orange &black is hot and the purple from crank fuse is hot when key is in start position.I checked continuity through this wire all the way to pcm it is good have 12.10 volts at pcm

Battery Replacement
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000