Haveing a no/crank starting iss.

SSHDSILVERADO
  • 2000 CHEVROLET VENTURE
Ok trying to figure out a no start/no crank at starter relay I have power on red main wire, key is start I get + power on both the nss wire orange and black and the the pcm wire yellow and black, the pcm shoud be a ground signal correct, at ecm I have power coming in on the purpale in to I think it 23 or 76 I might have them back words but postive going out on the yellow black
Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 2:16 PM

SATURNTECH9
So do you have power to the purple wire at the starter with the key in the start position?
Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 2:40 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
No on the starter relay with the key in start position the main red yellow and black, and orange and black are hot + 12.04 volts I think the yellow and black tracer wire is to go to - ground when the key goes to start position
+1
Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 3:38 PM
SATURNTECH9
The output wire out of the starter relay is purple that is the trigger wire to the starter. Is there battery voltage at the starter with the key in the start position?That would tell us if the starter relay was working and giving power to the starter.
-1
Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 12:04 AM
SSHDSILVERADO
No purp wire out of relay has no power. Hevy red wire has power. Orange w/black tracer ((((nss)) has power. Yellow w/black tracer has positive power(((( pcmwire)))) when key is in start position. I allso have no messages on driver cent like security or battery
+1
Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 5:39 PM
SATURNTECH9
Alright while the key is in the start position do you have a ground going to the yellow and black wire at the crank relay?
-2
Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
No yellow and black is for some reason positive
Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 7:35 PM
SATURNTECH9
The neutral safety switch supplys power to the crank relay trigger from the orange and black wire. Then the yellow and black wire to the crank relay has to supply the ground to the trigger of the relay for the relay to work. The yellow and black wire is the actual ground trigger from the pcm. The purple wire out of the pcm/crank fuse should have power with the key in the crank position that goes to the pcm.
+2
Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 10:27 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
Yes the purple wire out of the ecm is hot when the key is in the start position
-1
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 AT 6:22 PM
SATURNTECH9
What about the other wires I mentioned in my last reponse?
+1
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012 AT 6:50 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
The orange &black is hot and the purple from crank fuse is hot when key is in start position.I checked continuity through this wire all the way to pcm it is good have 12.10 volts at pcm
-2
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 4:46 PM
SATURNTECH9
Is the yellow and black wire sending a ground from pcm to the crank relay will cranking?
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 6:05 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
No it is still positive
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 10:13 PM
SATURNTECH9
See if its shorted to power somewhere?Is it only power while cranking?
-1
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 10:18 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
No it is hot when key is run position also
-1
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 11:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
Sounds like the problem is the wire thats supposed to feed the starter relay with a ground from the pcm is giving power instead.I posted a circuit description plus a trouble tree. Foloow the trouble tree and let me know what you find.
Thursday, July 5th, 2012 AT 12:19 AM
SSHDSILVERADO
Problem does a tech 2 scan tool the only one that will show the passlock enabel code
Friday, July 6th, 2012 AT 1:33 PM
SATURNTECH9
I would say a tech2 scan tool or more advanced scan tools that do body air bags tire monitor etc. So is the security light on when trying to start it?
Friday, July 6th, 2012 AT 4:32 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
No security light does not come on at all nor does any othere message in the message center
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 5:23 PM
SATURNTECH9
So what did you find from the trouble tree I posted.
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 5:43 PM
SSHDSILVERADO
Every nthing it says is pointing to a bad pcm. But it troubles me with not having the security light come on at all. Im gonna try to remove ignition switch and @lean contacts its almost like the bcm is not getting signal
+1
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 9:44 PM