RESTARTING VEHICLE

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

jasonsr21

June, 23, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

We I turn my 2000 Tahoe off and then try to start it back it doesn't start. I wait close to 20 minutes and try it again and it starts. We changed to Fuel pump in the truck, thinking this was the problem. The problem has started again. Can you tell me why this might be happening?

June, 23, 2011 AT 7:14 PM

When the problem occurs, if it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it, while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage.

To check for spark, take a spark plug wire loose, use a spark tester or known good spark plug in the boot, ground/touch the metal part of tester to metal part of engine, engine cranking, watch for spark.

With intermittent issues, you have to test when problem is ongoing. Any applicable trouble codes? To check for codes, yourself, at the least, you need an obd2 code reader.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement