Is there any way to run this truck without the tranfer case?

ALLYN COOK
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2000 silverado with 213,000 miles on it. I was having trouble getting the truck to drive without binding. I replaced the cv joints and the u joints on the rear drive shaft. None of this solved my problem. When I was under the truck I rotated the drive shaft and I heard a rattle from the tranfer case. When I try to drive the truck in goes fine until I go around a right hand corner and then the drive train seems to bind as though something is getting pinched. I have checked the fliud in my front differential and its fine, the ball joints and tie rod ends all seem tight, the bearings are not very old and seem to be functioning properly. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what might be wrong. I would also like to know if there is any way to drive this truck in 2wd and take the transfer case out of the equation.
Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 2:25 AM

No, you need the transfer case
Saturday, April 28th, 2012 AT 2:31 AM