• Anonymous
  • 2000 Chevrolet Impala

Saturday morning after running to the corner mart, 10 minutes both ways, as I pulled into my driveway the coolant light alerted beeping in red signaling hot coolant temperature. I believed it was very low on coolant and noticed that the overflow reservoir was low, so I topped it off. I thought it solved the problem. Sunday afternoon after driving for 10 minutes or so, the same warning occurred only this time the oil gauge was tapped out in the red at 260 degrees. I pulled over went in a local gas station to let the car cool down. When I returned there was antifreeze on the ground just under the overflow reservoir and when checked the reservoir was full. Later after getting the car home I checked the radiator it appeared to have antifreeze in it.

Any idea what I'm to expect or should do to fix the problem.

Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 AT 8:01 PM

• homer1967
  • 902 posts

I would have a shop perform a leak down test to confirm/deny a blown head gasket which is what it sound like to me.

Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 AT 11:38 PM