MY ENGINE ISN'T RUNNING HOT BUT THE GAUGE SAYS IT IS

2000 Chevrolet Impala

ralo

October, 26, 2011 AT 2:24 PM

My 2000 Chevy Impala temperature gauge is indicating that the engine is running hot, but the engine is cool. A/C works on and off. I have already ready replaced the thermostat and also replaced the temp gauge sensor, but the temperature gauge still indicate I have replaced both fans, thermostat, and temp. Gauge sensor.

Running Hot

ralo

October, 26, 2011 AT 5:05 PM

My 2000 Chevy Impala temperature gauge is indicating that the engine is running hot, but the engine is not showing signs of running hot or leaking cooliant. I have already ready replaced both fans, thermostat and also replaced the temp guage sensor, but the temperature guage still indicates that the car tempature is hot. Any solution to this problem?

cadieman

October, 26, 2011 AT 9:12 PM

If the gauge goes past 3/4 and you have installed the proper thermostat. You need to buy a auto therometer to put in the radiator to check coolant temputure. If the engines hot you should be hearing the engine pinging.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet