Bleeding fuel lines

JASON83
  • 2000 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

How do you bleed gas lines on 2000 cavalier

Sunday, December 12th, 2010 AT 7:02 AM

2CARPROS KEN

This is easy just turn the key to the on position for 15 seconds and then shut the key off for 15 seconds. Repeat this for five times and all of the air will be out.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, July 29th, 2017 AT 3:37 PM
BETHV
  • 2000 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

2000 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 124000 miles

Just had my car repaired at home by a mobile mechanic, car would turn over as if it wanted to start but wouldnt? He origiinally thought it was the fuel pump or filter, turned out to be a pinched fuel line? He didnt tell me what actually caused it? (I was just relieved he got it going!) He was here just over 90 mins and charged me $200. Does that sound about right? Thank you in advance for your reply

Saturday, July 29th, 2017 AT 3:37 PM (Merged)
OBXAUTOMEDIC

Hi BethV,

Well, it sounds a little high to me. But I don't know what the labor rate in your area is. I am a Mobile Mechanic and my rate it $65 which is less than what most of the garages are charging.

.

BETHV

Firstly, thank you so much for your reply. I also thought it was a little on the high side but because he was mobile I wondered if that was a fair price? He told me over the phone it would be $75 for a diagnostic and was a bit surprised 90 mins later when told the total cost was $200? (No new parts. Just repair) I was pretty desperate and didnt have much time prior to check around, ah well next time hopefully I will. Once again. Many thanks! :-)

Saturday, July 29th, 2017 AT 3:38 PM (Merged)
JMLAVALLIE
  • 1996 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

Will a 2001 chevy cavalier fuel line work on a 1996 chevy cavalier. My car is special close to being done ant someone told me it's the fuel line. I have a broken 01 cavalier and wanted yo check if it would work

CADIEMAN

Please explain your problem and more detail

JMLAVALLIE

I was just wondering if id beable to use a fuel line from a 2001 cavalier on a 1996 cavalier

JMLAVALLIE

If I put carbon spray or whatever in my carburetor and start it up it starts but wont stay started. They say that the right amount of gas aint getting to the lines. Have to excuse me I am a woman and know nothing about cars. Just trying to figure out problem by problem to get it fixed

CADIEMAN

You will need to replace the fuel pump.

JMANTHEBEST
  • 2003 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

I just wanted to know what exactly is wrong and how much it would cost so I can bring it to a mechanic and get it fixed. I have a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, and it is having a lot of problems. The first one is The gas line got ripped out when we tried to pull it out of the mud. Now it is difficult to get the car started and fully running, you have to pump the gas for a while to get the gas running threw the lines and in the motor.

Also it has problems with the transmission cause it wont shift into 2nd gear if your don't let the RPM get up to 5 then let off the gas and let it shift itself. Then when you go to get on the interstate and get up to speed the car acts like its gonna die so you gotta let off the gas and let the motor settle then get up and go. When you just start the car and get it running right and when you start going and the RPM get up to 4 it dies and you have to start all over.

Then it kinda makes a funny noise when you turn on the A/C on the interstate. It kinda sounds like a Diesel Truck engine. Its very loud. Then when you go to make a sharp turn even to like turn in a parking lot, basically if your turn the wheel more than one time it starts making a popping noise and a grinding noise. It is having a lot of problems and ive had it for only a year. It has 155,000 miles on it.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT VEHICLE FOR THE TERRAIN YOU ARE IN

I'VE HAD SEVEN TOTAL SINCE I BEGAN DRIVING ON THE ROAD IN 1981....STILL HAVE THE LAST TWO (OBTAINED THEM IN THE EARLY '90s).........NEVER OWNED ANYTHING ELSE FOR A PRIMARY DRIVER

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1998-ford-ranger-wont-start

I PROMISE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

MIGHT EVEN PASS IT ON DOWN TO YOUR GREAT GRAND YOUNGINS

SMEURER
  • 1992 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

Other Category problem
1992 Chevy Cavalier 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 175, 00 miles

hi my name is shane and I need to know how to get my cars fuel line unfrozen is there any tips I can use to get it unthawed

BLACKOP555

Put heet in your car, red bottle and park it in a heated garage, you can use a hair dryer but dont put it too close to the lines and make sure as hell there is no fuel vapors

SMEURER
  • 1992 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

Engine problem

what can I do to get my fuel line unfrozen. And where can I get the right sutff for it

BLACKOP555

Park it in a warm garage then put HEET in your gas tank it is a gas line antifreeze sold at all autopart stores or walmart

BOWLING
  • 1994 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

1994 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

If I use a pre-made 3/8 line and join two peices togethor with a 3/8 screw type adaptor will the smaller hole in the adaptor restrict gas flow, the hole in the adaptor is smaller than the 3/8 line.

RHALL77

Try it, I have used them before with no problem. All you can do is try

LYNDAANDERSON
  • 1991 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

I am having a problem starting it. I have repaced the battery and it started just fine so I left it out side and the next day I had problems. It would try to turn over and if I pumped the gas a bunch it would come close. I pulled it in to the garage it finally started after 20 minutes almost like the fuel lines were frozen or block but I dont know. Is there something I can do or would you know what the problem is.
Thank You,
Anthony

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. If it's a tbi unit then it should be 9-11 psi or if port fuel- single injectors for each cylinder the it should be 41-47 psi. Next time lete us know what engine you have.

HOMER1967
  • 899 POSTS

Try cycleing the key on and off a few times before you crank it and if that helps them you have a feul issue.