WON'T GO IN REVERSE AND RPMS GO UP WHEN SPEED GOES UP IN DRIVE

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

mz.nikki

May, 24, 2012 AT 10:52 PM

Was backing out of a parking lot and heard a sound like my tires were skidding then I continued to back up and drove maybe two minutes to my home attempted to turn back out of driveway and car would not go in reverse will go in drive but rpms go up to 3 or 4 before going back down to two but is can drive forward please tell me I don't have to replace the trans was told it may be reverse clutch gears or sun shells help! Im a sinlge mom and this is my only vehicle

DrCranknWrench

May, 24, 2012 AT 11:05 PM

It is probably the input shaft and either the torque converter, or one of two clutch packs in the transmission.
It will need a re-build.
The best advice I can give you is to go to a TRANSMISON Shop and not a standard repair facility. Automatic transmissions requrie a lot of special tools and knowledge. They are very different from working on any other mechanical part, that is why you see places like AAMCO. By the way, they are overpriced. You can use the search engine on theis site to find a reputable traansmission shop near you.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service