HANDLE ON HOOD RELEASE CABLE BROKE

2000 Buick Lesabre

nzahnd

February, 28, 2013 AT 2:10 AM

Handle on hood release cable broke. Bought new cable w/handle. Tied wire onto end of cable, near hood latch, and started pulling from inside of car, pulled about 18"-20" out and got hung up. Can't push or pull any further, any help on this would be great or am I doing it correctly? Thanx ya'll, nick

bluelightnin6

February, 28, 2013 AT 3:20 AM

Greetings

Do you have the hood up? Which end did the cable break at? If it's still attached to the hood latch, lock some grips onto the broken line inside the vehicle and pop the hood. Then locate the end of the release cable inside the latch mechanism. Pry the ball-end of the hood release cable out of the latch mechanism using a small flathead screwdriver. Separate the opposite ball-end of the hood release cable from the release lever using a small flathead screwdriver. Pull the release cable through the firewall and out of the vehicle. Install one ball-end of the new release cable in the hood latch. Feed the cable through the firewall into the cabin. The easiest way is to tie the ends of the old and new cables close together and as you pull out the old cable the new cable will feed through in the same spot. Place the opposite ball-end of the release cable in the release lever mechanism. Test the release lever and cable for proper operation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Windshield Wiper Replacement