NOTE: Turn OFF the ignition when connecting or disconnecting the battery cables, the battery charger or the jumper cables. Failure to do so may damage the PCM or other electronic components.
1. Remove the rear seat cushion.
CAUTION: Refer to Battery Disconnect Caution in Service Precautions.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Disconnect the positive battery cable (1).
4. Remove the battery vent (1) from the battery.
5. Remove the battery retainer bolt and battery retainer.
6. Remove the battery.
1. Install the battery.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
2. Ensure the vent tube (1) is installed in the floor pan grommet and install the retainer and bolt.
Tighten the bolt to 18 N.M (13 lb ft).
3. Connect the positive battery cable (1).
Tighten the positive battery cable bolt to 15 N.M (11 lb ft).
4. Connect the negative battery cable.
5. Install the rear seat.
September, 25, 2014 AT 11:42 PM
The battery to your Buick is under the rear passenger seat. If you put your fingers between the seat itself and the back rest and pull outwards it will "pop" out. There will be the battery under the seat. If you replace it make sure not to discard the rubber tube that connects to the battery. This vents to gases produced the battery to the atmosphere. I would jump the vehicle from under the hood and drive it around to fully charge the battery before replacement. The positive jump terminal is on the passenger side under the hood. It is connected to the fuse box and has a red plastic cover over it. A good ground would be anything without rust and paint on it. Hope this helps.