#2 misfire

HITEKRETRO
  • 1997 BMW Z3
  • RWD
I get a misfire on #2. It always starts on #2 and occasionally goes to #1 I have done a COP conversion, replaced all injectors, replaced the PCV valve, replaced all of the vacuum lined to the injectors, PCV valve, and regulator, and tried every brand and style of spark plug known to mankind. I recently drove 125 miles with no codes and even reset all of the monitors. Then misfire on #2 again! There does not seem to be a pattern. Sometimes it runs fine for a while before the misfire, sometimes it misfires right away. Anyone out there smarted than me that can help? There is a six pack in it for you!
Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 AT 11:04 AM

KEN
Hey HITEKRETRO,

Thanks for the offer!, It could be a vacuum leak which leans out the cylinder, follow this guide to check it.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-an-engine-vacuum-gauge

Next, did the engine misfire before the COP conversion? if not try changing the coil with a different cylinder to see if the misfire moves

Let me know what you find

Best, Ken
Saturday, June 18th, 2016 AT 9:11 AM