FUSE ISSUE? WHERE IS FUSE FOR ALL THIS STUFF ACTUALLY LOCATED?

1999 Toyota Corolla

darg49

October, 16, 2011 AT 3:42 AM

Dash lighting, cigarette lighter, license plate lighting, tail lights all of a sudden no longer work, but where is fuse for all that located? Had one light on dash lighting go out years ago and have been fine without it. Have a Haynes repair manual which doesn't seem to help much with this problem.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:02 AM

It is located behind the left side of dash at lower finish panel. I attached a schematic. Please note, the power to this fuse box comes from a main fuse box under the hood.

darg49

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:08 AM

Thank you, I had already found that after asking the question. Saw all the fuses and not sure which one is causing my problem, will disconnect battery and start pulling them tomorrow.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:13 AM

Check the bottom section of the schematic. If I recall, all the things you mentioned are listed on the circuit all the way to the right.

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:35 AM

Tail fuse is in instrument panel junction box, behind left side of dash, at lower finish panel.

darg49

October, 16, 2011 AT 2:21 PM

Thank you to all who responded, I went out this morning and went through the fuses and found and replaced the burnt one, everything seems to work now. Thanks

October, 16, 2011 AT 2:30 PM

You're welcome.

Have a great day.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Dynamat Door Installation
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini