1999 TOYOTA CAMRY STARTING

• mrozmat8
  • 1999 Toyota Camry

I have issues starting, and it's weirdly not when the car sits for a day or overnight. I have no problem firing the car up in the morning, but it is when it only sits for a few hours or less that when I attempt to start, the engine will crank for [sometimes] up to 5 or more seconds. What could this be? Fuel filter? Starter? I'm at a loss given that it starts fine when the engine is truly cold.

Friday, October 25th, 2013 AT 9:56 PM

• mhpautos

Have you checked for any codes and check fuel rail pressure, when were the plugs last changed?

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 3:38 AM
  • mrozmat8

I haven't checked for codes nor checked fuel pressure. I recently bought the vehicle, and by service records the spark plugs were changed January of 2013. Is there a way I may check these myself if I go to an auto parts store? (I.E. Codes and/or fuel pressure).

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 6:40 AM
  • mhpautos

You can often get a free code read from major auto retail stores, they will not do a fuel rail pressure test.

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 AT 3:45 PM