POOR ENGINE PERFORMANCE AFTER CLEARING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT (FOLLOW UP TO PREVIOUS QUESTION)

1999 Subaru Forester

baemr

December, 13, 2011 AT 5:35 PM

As a follower up question. Whenever I start the car, it runs poorly has no acceleration. It appears that depressing the Gas pedal causes worse performance. The muffler also runs with a puffing sound.I remove the upstream Oxygen sensor and perform a heat test on it an it seems to be OK. I also tested the downstream O2 sensor before I replaced it. This one did fail my heat test. Could the timing belt be causing this problem?
Original Question ( had $10 donation):
Vehicle - 1999 Subaru Forester AWD had the following check engine error codes: P0170, P0463, P0130, P0136, P0301, P0302, & P0303. I disconnect the battery, reconnect battery which clear the codes. Now the car seems to have no acceleration power. If I press the gas pedal the rpm jumps up to about 3000 rpm and drops to below 1000 rpm and the vehicle has no acceleration power. I changes the downstream oxygen sensor, the PVC valve and the 2 air filters, sprayed the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner to clean it but

December, 13, 2011 AT 5:55 PM

First, you need to find out the exact fuel pressure.

The cat converter may be clogged causing a restriction in the exhaust. With the missfire codes, did you replace the plugs?

baemr

December, 13, 2011 AT 6:20 PM

The subaru was running much better( It would hesitate a little before accelerating) before I disconnected the battery which reset the check engine light codes. The puffing muffler problem started after the codes were reset. About the plugs; I will remove/check and replace the plugs and then check the fuel pressure if my local auto parts store has the equipment for checking the fuel pressure.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006