WHY AM I UNABLE TOO FIT NEW STARTER MOTOR?

• THE TYRE TECHNICIAN
  • 1999 Renault Scenic

Renault megane scenic 1.6 16v starter motor doesn't fit its the same part number as the previous starter motor, but for some unknown reason i'm unable to fit it between exhaust front pipe and engine block, I fitted starter motor on this car a month ago and I struggled to fit previous starter but I got it in the end, but this one looks too thick where it bolts on too the block, could it be possible this one could be a different thickness to the previous one which is unabling me to fit, even though its supposed to be the same starter motor, the part number is the same. If this part is made wrong or different dimensions I will have too take it back to the shop.

Monday, September 17th, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

• racefan966

I would exchange it for a different one. It may be that when it was remaned that the wrong body was put on it or a larger body fits most or something.

Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 AT 2:32 AM