Pontiac Grand Am not getting spark

MCGRUFF
  • 1999 PONTIAC GRAND AM
I have a 1999 pontiac grand am. I am not getting spark in any cylinder so I changed the ignition module first and that was not the problem.I then changed out both of the crankshaft sensors and still no spark. I am thinking it is the coils but I have no idea if thats not it what it can be. It cut off on me while I was driving and the battery ended up being bad. This is driving me nuts and I have no clue what is wrong.
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 5:02 AM

FIXITMR
No engine codes to read?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 7:16 AM
MCGRUFF
No I dont have a code reader. I figured there was other things I can look at to see what was wrong.
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 7:49 AM
FIXITMR
You sure your getting juice to anything? I wouldn't think coils would suddenly be bad?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 9:49 AM
FIXITMR
MCGRUFF
Would the alarm system keep the car from working? I was told the alarm system bein in anti theft mode would keep I from turning on would do that and I need to go to the dealer ship to get it reprogrammed. Is there a way to find out or reset it?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 7:44 PM
FIXITMR
Is the alarm/security light blinking?
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 7:36 AM
MCGRUFF
The security light was on but it wasnt blinking before it stalled on me. Is there a way to fix it or reset the car security so itll work again?
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 9:58 PM
FIXITMR
Owners manual says this. "This light will come on when you turn the key to ON and will stay on until the vehicle starts. If you're driving and the security light comes on and remains on, your Passlock(tm) system is not workiing properly. Your vehicle is not protected by Passlock and you should see your dealer."
Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 5:30 AM
FIXITMR
And this. "After attempting to start the engine, if the SECURITY light flashes or stays on, wait ten minutes with the key in ON until the light goes off. Then turn the ignition to OFF before attempting to start the engine again."
Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 5:35 AM
MCGRUFF
Yes so far I have seen alot that is pointing to the passlock system. I am trying the 10 min thing but no luck so far so I am hoping to find another way to fix this without the dealer. I was thinking the ignition cylinder needed to be changed since that can also keep the car from working also.I am hoping the scan tool will tell me something tomorrow. Do I have to have the car on or will just having the key on be enough to grab a code?
Saturday, January 15th, 2011 AT 7:51 AM