SHAWNEE 112013 21429 PMI HAVE A 99 3

1999 Oldsmobile Alero

sleak300z

Shawnee (1/1/2013 2: 14: 29 PM)
i have a 99 3.4 olds alero, which I have dropped a 01 impala 3.4 in. I recently replaced the heads on, got all back together and started it. It had a random cylinder misfire, after new wires and plugs, coil packs(all of them), I came to the conclusion it was the injectors. So I remove them cleaned them and reinstalled them, started it and got only a #6 misfire. So I pulled the plug, it was soaked w/ gas, so I switched #5 and #6 injectors, to see if it was just a bad injector, and got random cylinder misfire again. I pulled both plugs and 6 was wet but 5 was dry. After checking for any open grounds or breaks in wiring, I figured it was the PCM. I bought one from a 98 3.1 malibu, same exact SVR number and the pinout is exactly the same, but after plugging this one in and turning on key it doesn't turn on the fuel pump. Do you think this one is bad too, or do I have to have it flashed?

Cj7

Put back the old pcm. You cannot interchange pcm from another vehicle as they are not the same/

start with a compression test in the effected cylinder

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars