Transmission

MENY121763
  • 1999 NISSAN ALTIMA
I'am about to buy a 1999 nissan altima gxe automatic with a 2.4 engine with 224500 miles for $900.00 the engine, body and interior are in great shape but the ad says transmission needs work-no 3rd gear does that means that I'have to replace the transmission or it can be something symple that it won't be to expensive to fix. Can help me.
Friday, March 4th, 2011 AT 8:13 PM

SATURNTECH9
It all depends on why it has no third gear it could be something not to expensive but it could be something like replacing the transmission or getting into the transmission to repair it. It's hard to say without more detail's like trouble code's running test's on it etc. You have to remember now the engine has 224,000 mile's on it that's another gamble uncertainty there as well. Engine's don't last forever especially not knowing if the oil was changed regularly etc. If the engine burn's oil you won't know that until you buy the car and drive it. Some thing's to think about you but the car and quickly have much more then the car is worth. Let me know if you have any further question's.
Friday, March 4th, 2011 AT 8:25 PM
MENY121763
The only thing I'can go by is that I'talked to the owner and he told me that they were mostly highway miles and he assure me that the engine did not burn any oil and that the car it's been stored for the last 8 months do to the fact that it drives but it only reaches speeds of about 45 to 50 miles per hour.
Friday, March 4th, 2011 AT 8:40 PM
SATURNTECH9
Well a lot of people lie about the cars they sell if you have ever looked for a used car in the past private party or dealer and read the description then went and seen the car. What a difference from what they say and what the ad say's. Just trying to give a honest nothing to gain advice.
Friday, March 4th, 2011 AT 9:00 PM