1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse distributor problem

2CARPROS-ARCHIVES
  • 1999 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse mileage: 107,000. I was told by a professional that there is a distributor problem and that the distributor will need to be replaced. The problem is that the car always needs a jump to get the car started, the car will continue to operate until I shut the car off and I have to go through the same process again. The engine will crank fine without the jump but will not start. An automotive tech told me that there was a problem with the distributor not getting enough voltage and that is why it needs a jump. He says that I need to replace the distributor. This sounds kind of weird to me to have to replace an entire distributor for a voltage problem. Could you help set me straight on this matter?

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 9:36 PM

2CARPROS-ARCHIVES

Check the voltage at the distributor when the engine is cranking. It should be between 11 and 12 volts.

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 9:37 PM