AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION QUESTION

1999 Mazda 929

2CarPros-Archives

December, 2, 2010 AT 12:14 AM

1999 Mazda 929 mileage: 107,000. From first gear to second, or from a complete stop (such as a stop light) and you give the car gas, should the Rpms jump from 2000 to 3000-4000 RPMS? I can understand a gradually climb, but my car first hesitates and then jumps to like between 3000 and 4000 rpms and then shifts. Also on the highway if I want to change lanes, it does same if you give it some gas. I have taken the car to the mechanic and was told that the transmission was fine, but I think their idea of fine means if the car moves. So, for peace of mind sake, I had the transmission flushed, but the same problem remains. Should I be looking at the fuel injectors maybe the car isn't getting enough gas or have the transmission checked again?

2CarPros-Archives

December, 2, 2010 AT 12:17 AM

If your car is equipped with a manual transmission the clutch is in need of replacement. If you have an automatic transmission, it may need to be rebuilt.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250